Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Inspire and be inspired
6 ways I keep myself inspired and creatively fulfilled: (for those days when you feel like you're lacking)
6. Magazines: Frankie, Russh, Marie Clare, Yen, Oyster... etc. I love different magazines for different reasons but one thing they all have in common is beautiful photography, editorials that make me swoon and ideas for my home/ wardrobe/ life that are creative, interesting and fun.
5. Getting creative! Putting on my favourite cd and scrap booking, writing someone a letter, decorating a journal or notebook, making jewelry.
4. Getting out. Getting away from the computer, my cell phone and the television. Taking a walk and writing in my journal, taking some pictures, making a daisy chain, playing on a swing.
3. Op shopping. I love love love the joy of digging for treasures in little dusty op shops. My favourite is trying to find pretty jars and tins and photo frames for my home, but every now and then i have some luck and find a great scarf or hat or bag.
2. People watching. Sounds creepy? But it's so much fun and i know we secretly all love it. My favourite is finding a coffee shop on a corner, ordering a hot drink in the largest size and sitting in the window seat making up stories about the lives of the people walking by.
1. The world of blogging. Nothing beats going through your blog roll, visiting every blog and taking it all in. Then visiting every blog on everyone elses blog roll. Photography blogs, home decor blogs, hand made blogs, cooking and baking blogs, cobra snake blogs, art and design blogs... so many amazing ideas, so many amazing talents, so much to take in!