(view of the Auckland Sky Tower/ CBD from Mt Eden - pictures by me)
Jeremy and I shifted to Auckland just over a month ago and the time has gone so fast. Since it was our first big move since getting married I thought I'd take a look back on the highs and lows of this journey so far.
- So many more things to see and do. So many cafes to explore, parks to exercise in, restaurants to try, fun events to go, markets to browse.
- Living near family. It has been a long time since we've lived in the same place as any of our family and we're appreciating it so much.
- Doing something with our lives. I'm finally in my career and absolutely loving having a job that I actually want to go to each day. And Jeremy has begun studying a Bachelor of Business and is enjoying being a student and working towards a qualification.
- Still being close to friends. We left a lot of amazing people behind in Hamilton but the great thing is- it's still so close. Every weekend since moving we've still been able to see our friends and do things together and for that I'm so grateful. Secondly, we've also been able to re-connect with some old friends in Auckland as well which is just as great.
- The cost of living. Our bills pretty much doubled since moving here which is kinda painful on the pocket (especially while Jeremy is studying so not bringing in a full time income) but it's still manageable thank goodness
- Traffic. I'm actually only regarding this as a semi-low because for the most part Jeremy and I both have it pretty lucky with Auckland traffic and haven't had to experience the worst of it too much. But the other day I did get stuck in the CBD at peak time and only moved 3kms in an hour so that wasn't the most fun.
All in all life is pretty good! I'm definitely feeling grateful that we decided to make the move and get out of our comfort zones. The highs far outweigh the lows :)