This year is going so fast and it feels like 2013 is just around the corner. New years resolutions for most of us are probably just distant memories by now. So I thought I would set myself 5 simple goals to achieve by the end of the year. Here they are:
1. Make an editorial calendar: Life is busy. I'm balancing my career, blogging, family, a social life and exercise. Sometimes it's hard to find a time for it all, so making a calendar or guide for my blog will help me map out what I want to share on here, and also in the long run save me time. No more sitting staring at a blank screen waiting hours for inspiration to hit!
2. Use my film cameras more: As much as I love my DSLR and instagram, film was my first love and it's time to get back to it. I'm sad to say I can't remember the last time I got a roll developed! I have a pretty good collection of film cameras just collecting dust - what a waste!
3. Finish reading Game of Thrones: (well, the ones that are out so far). As much as I'm enjoying this series, I'm also finding it really challenging. It's just such a different style to what I normally read, so it's taking me much longer to get through. Which is also annoying because I love the story lines so much and want to know how things unfold!
4. Learn new recipes: I've been doing pretty well with this goal, so this is more a reminder than anything. I really love cooking but it can be easy to buy the same old groceries and cook the same old meals, so I just want to continue to branch out and try different things.
5. Run 200kms: I use the Nike+ app to tracking my running and so far I've clocked 82kms. So making it to 200kms by the end of the year is actually really achievable (it equates to less than 10kms per week), so I'm really hoping I can smash this goal!
And that's it :) All simple, all achievable, and all worth getting through by the end of the year! Let me know if you join in with any goals too!
P.S I know I spelt calendar wrong when I hand wrote it. Not sure how that happened? I hate that kind of thing but I haven't had a chance to re-take the photo yet. Oops.