I thought it was time I should check in regarding the April 30 Days of Wellness Challenge and let you know how I'm going with it. You can read my first post about this challenge and see my goals for it here. Like with any challenge of this kind I've had some successes and some not-so-great moments as well.
Where I've done well:
• As part of this challenge I set myself a goal to do a plank every day. I began the month only being able to last 17 seconds and I'm now up to 1.10 so I'm loving seeing the improvement!
• I aimed to cut down on my coffee intake and up my green tea consumption and I've done pretty well with this. I've been drinking around 3 coffees per week and 2 green teas per day, so I'm happy with that.
• I've run over 50kms this month and I'm tracking to end the month around 65 in total. I was aiming for 80kms in total but considering how bad the weather has been here I'm still counting this as a positive!
Where I've struggled:
• I somehow completely forgot about my goal not to have fizzy at all this month (I think you call it 'pop' in the states?) and I've probably had it at least 5 times which I'm feeling bad about.
• I've also had a little trouble learning to say no when I'm offered treats I don't really need. So i've probably eaten more cake and chocolate this month that I'd be willing to tell you.
And that's kinda where I'm at! I definitely have some strengths that I'm grateful for (e.g I genuinely love fresh fruit and veges) but I just need that little burst of extra motivation at the moment as well. Because it's getting colder in NZ at the moment it's easy to feel a little lazy and to crave comfort food.
Are you taking part in this challenge? How are you doing with it?