(all pictures from my instagram - @herecomesthesunblog)
Tomorrow I'll be turning 26. It's been a bit of a weird number to come to terms with recently (it just feels like I'm edging my way out of my twenties way too quickly) but to be honest this last year has been a really good one and I have had a lot to celebrate. My 25th year was full of so many different adventures but namely moving to Auckland and finally getting kick started into my digital marketing career. I've been enjoying city life, meeting new people, trying new restaurants and bars and getting more involved in the blogging community here.
It feels like the next year of my life is going to be just as eventful and I thought I would take a second to picture what it might be like and write down some of the things I want to achieve. So here are my goals for my 26th year:
• Holiday in China with friends - We've been saving for a holiday in 2014 with friends and my biggest wish is to visit China for the history and the food.
• Save more than I spend - I love saving! Especially for future travels (we're heading to Melbourne in November and as mentioned above also on a bigger trip next year) so I've got to cut down on needless spending and squirrel away as much as possible.
• Run my first half marathon - This has been a goal I've had for awhile. My current record is just over 15kms but I need to get my motivation back and finally achieve this one.
• Declutter - I have so many clothes I don't wear and belongings I barely touch or use. I need to downsize and reorganise!
• Develop a better skincare routine - It's not that my skin is necessarily bad, it's more that I need to start taking better care of it so it doesn't start ageing too soon.
• Actually finish a book club book on time - this one is pretty self explanatory, eek! I can't remember if I've mentioned here or not but this year I joined a book club (it mostly involves wine + nibbles but the books do get talked about a little) and I've only finished one book on time!
• Cut down on sugar - It's time to think more carefully about what I put in my body and to take a cleaner approach to eating.
So I've decided being 26 is going to be awesome! Onwards & upwards!